2019 Fall Media Relations Course
2019 Media Relations Officers Course - Fall Session
Venue: Ontario Police College, Aylmer, ON
Date: October 21st to 25th, 2019
- Media relations basics
- Communications: it's not just media anymore!
- Legal issues impacting law enforcement and justice organizations (incl. public disclosure, rules of engagement, Freedom of Information and professional standards issues)
- News release writing 101
- What journalists look for
- Media tools at your disposal
- Integrating social media into traditional media relations
- Broadcast media (intensive, before-the-camera training)
- Crisis communications and special events management
- Visit to a television station to observe a live news cast
- Communications theory
PRE- REQUISITES: Assignment as a Media Relations Officer or significant participation in police/media relationships within an agency.
ASSESSMENT STANDARDS: Full attendance and participation in classes, small and large group work and practical exercises.
CERTIFICATION: Certificate will be issued by OACP on behalf of OPC, OACP, and OMRON.
CLASS SIZE: 20 Participants
DRESS: Uniform or court attire.
FEES/DURATION: $960+ HST for 4.5 days of training; Registration and payment is made directly to the Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police.
Registration, Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Cancellations or substitutions must be received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellations made on or before Friday, September 20th, 2019, are subject to a full refund less an administrative fee of $100.00 + HST ($113.00). No refunds will be given after September 20th, 2019.
We welcome substitutions at no charge.
To Register: Please contact Darron Knebel, OACP Events Coordinator at email@example.com or (416) 926-0424 x23.
Monday, October 21, 2019
Tuesday, October 22, 2019
Wednesday, October 23, 2019
Thursday, October 24, 2019
Friday, October 25, 2019