Members News – August 10, 2018
- Congratulations to Uday Jaswal on his appointment as Deputy Chief of the Ottawa Police Service. D/C Jaswal is leaving his position as Deputy Chief of the Durham Regional Police Service to take up his new duties with OPS.
- OACP Executive Director, Jeff McGuire, and Director of Government Relations and Communications, Joe Couto met on August 1, 2018 with Police Association of Ontario President Bruce Chapman to discuss issues of common interest. The on-going reforms to policing in the province afford Ontario’s police leaders and the police associations with opportunities to work together for the benefit of our personnel, our organizations, and Ontarians.
- The Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police (CACP) has issued proposed Resolutions to be presented at its 113th Annual General Meeting taking place in Halifax, Nova Scotia, August 12 to 15, 2018. This information is also available on the members' only side of the CACP website under "Membership Home".
- Deputy Chief Sean Sparling has announced his retirment after 27 years with the Sault Ste. Marie Police Service. Congratulations!
- Magnet Forensics has created the Magnet Forensics Scholarship Program to give promising Police Officers an opportunity to get a head start in digital investigations. The scholarship covers the full cost of a comprehensive digital forensics training and certification. For more information, click the link above.
- Upcoming informational events of interest to members: Preparing for Cannabis Edibles – October 2 to 3, 2018, Toronto (Please use discount code 1310-LS if booking on-line) or call 416-507-4205.
- The next OACP Board of Directors meeting will be taking place on September 18-19, 2018 in Sudbury, ON.
- Job Postings: