Members News – February 9, 2018
- Congratulations to our newest Chief of Police, Inspector Norm Hansen, selected as the next Chief of the Sarnia Police Service (@SarniaPolice). Chief-designate Hansen is succeeding Chief Phil Nelson, who is retiring. We also welcome Sarnia PS’s new Deputy Chief, Inspector Owen Lockhart, who is taking over from retiring Deputy Chief Bob Farlow.
- The OACP is pleased to welcome two new placement students to our office. Stephanie Fulford (email@example.com) is a third year Justice student at Humber College and will be with us through our Annual Meeting in June. Jared Moore (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a second year student in the University of Guelph-Humber’s Justice Studies Program and will be at the OACP until April. They will both report to Director of Government Relations and Communications Joe Couto.
- The 2018 OACP Crime Prevention Campaign will kick-off on Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at Toronto Police Service headquarters. Stay-tuned for more information.
- The Ontario Police Health and Safety Association (OPHSA) was formed in the early 1980’s and structured more formally in 2005. Its purpose is to provide a coordinated and cooperative forum for police services across Ontario to meet and discuss health and safety topics. The OPHSA has asked the OACP to reach out to all police services/ across Ontario to help it to continue to expand its membership and knowledge base. Information sharing is vital to efficient operations, and ensuring members’ health and safety. Please contact any of the OPHSA Executive members for information: Im Lee, Chair (email@example.com); Nancy Maher, Vice Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org); Mark Ballantine, Treasurer (email@example.com); and Meagan Patterson, Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- We are sad to hear of the passing of Mrs. Nancy Campbell on February 2, 2018. Mrs. Campbell was a long-time bus driver and community volunteer in Aylmer, ON and had for years assisted our Media Relations Officers course at the Ontario Police College by transporting course participants for the field trip portion of the course to a local television station. She will be missed.