Members News – January 10, 2020
- A digital version of the 2019/2020 OACP Contact Guide is now available for members on the OACP website.
- Congratulations to Deputy Chief Gerry Foster who celebrates 30 years of policing this month! Five of those years served with the Canadian Armed Forces and 25 years with the Stratford Police Service. Got a milestone coming up? Share it with us!
- Congratulations to OACP Life Member Rick Stubbings who has joined the Ministry of the Attorney General’s Modernization Division as the Director of the Criminal Justice Transformation Branch, a new team being formed to support the Criminal Justice Digital Design (CJDD) initiative. Rick retired from the Toronto Police Service after 35 years of service. His last appointment was A/Deputy Chief in charge of the Operational Support Command.
- Each year, the Canadian Bankers Association (CBA) hosts its annual Canadian Banks’ Law Enforcement Awards (CBLEA). This is the banking sector’s way of honoring members of law enforcement who go above and beyond the call of duty. The CBA is now accepting nominations for the 2020 awards that will be presented in August at the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police’s annual conference in Victoria, British Columbia. Nominations from banks and Canadian law enforcement agencies must be submitted to the CBA by March 2, 2020. For information, please contact Adrian White, Director, Financial Crimes, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On Friday May 1, 2020, the Ontario Women in Law Enforcement (OWLE) will be holding its 22nd Annual Awards Banquet at the Mississauga Convention Center, Mississauga. Nominations for OWLE’s awards are now open. The criteria and submission instructions for both Major Awards and Service Awards nominees are on website at www.owle.org.
- McMaster University’s DeGroote School of Business has introduced a new Police Leadership Program. The curriculum is set for the upcoming 2-day Change Leadership and Project Management program in January, and the School has also created a 5-day Police Leadership Program, which the Project Management and Change Management courses will certainly apply to. The upcoming dates are confirmed for January 29 and 30, 2020 and will take place at the McMaster Campus in Burlington (4350 South Service Road). Registration information can be found here -https://execed.degroote.mcmaster.ca/police-services-project-leadership-program/
- Job Posting: Deputy Chief, Waterloo Regional Police Service
- Job Posting: Police Cadet, St. Thomas Police Service
- Job Posting: Police Constable (4th Class), LaSalle Police Service
- Job Posting: Investigation Advisor, Toronto Catholic District School Board
- Job Posting: Full-Time Experienced Police Constable, Deep River Police Service
- Job Posting: Technical Services Assistant, Brantford Police Service