Members News – March 20, 2020
- Congratulations to our newest Chief of Police, Jim MacSween, appointed as the next Chief of Police of York Regional Police. Deputy Chief MacSween will succeed Chief Eric Joliffe, who retires on April 30. We look forward to Chief-designate MacSween’s leadership!
- Thank you to Bill Moore, who informed the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police’s (CACP) Board of Directors that he is stepping down to pursue other professional opportunities. Bill has been a wonderful friend and supporter of the OACP during his tenure as CACP Executive Director. A Special Purpose Committee of the CACP Board of Directors will be identified to conduct the recruitment process for Bill Moore’s replacement. Additional information will be shared as the search process progresses. Please note that interim Executive Director Peter Cuthbert may be reached directly at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Ontario Women in Law Enforcement’s (OWLE) 2020 Annual Banquet has been cancelled. A note to Award Nominees: The OWLE Advisory Committee will be reviewing all 111 Major Award Submissions and identifying the winners. The awards will be delivered to the individual award winners. All the winners identified will be submitted to the IAWP Call for Nominations process. If you have been nominated for a Service Award, OWLE will invite you to next year’s Awards Banquet to receive your award. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Kimberley O’Toole, President, OWLE at email@example.com or Jodi Dawson, Vice President, OWLE at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LEAPS Conference 2020 - A VISION FOR THE FUTURE has been postponed to September 22 to 24 at the Ajax Convention Centre
- The Justice Clearinghouse in partnership with IALEP is offering a free webinar on March 19 on “Humanizing Policing”.
- Jobs Posting: