Members News – November 2, 2018
- This week, the Thunder Bay Police Services Board appointed Sylvie G. Hauth as Chief of Police. Congratulations!
- The 2018 ONGIA Conference is only a few weeks away. Don’t miss this great opportunity to stay current on the latest gang trends and firearms trafficking investigations. Visit www.ongia.org for full details.
- On behalf of the Waterloo Region Crime Prevention Council and the Canadian HIV/AIDS Legal Network, we are pleased to share a new film and a public service announcement to create greater awareness of Canada’s Good Samaritan Drug Overdose Act. The act aims to increase the likelihood of a person seeking medical assistance during an overdose emergency by providing limited immunity from prosecution for both overdose witnesses and victims across Canada. The film and PSA build on previous efforts to improve public awareness about the legal protections offered by the Act, including a fact sheet and wallet-sized information card, both available in English and French. The free resources can be found at here and here.
- Cornwall Community Police Service invites you to attend the Change of Command and Change of Colours Ceremony for incoming Chief of Police, Danny Aikman and incoming Deputy Chief of Police, Shawna Spowart. The event takes place November 16, 2018 from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm at the Nav Centre, 1950 Montreal Road, Cornwall. Please RSVP to Stephanie MacRae at (613) 933-5000 Ext. 2721 or email@example.com.
- The Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services are currently seeking applications for the next Commissioner of Police for the Ontario Provincial Police. For more information, click Commissioner of Police Job Posting.
- The Loyalist College and The Ontario Association of Police Educators in partnership with The Chatham-Kent Police Service presents a one-day conference on Wednesday, November 7, 2018 from 8:30 am to 4:45 pm. For more information click here.
- The Chatham-Kent Police Service is hosting a five-day Crisis Negotiators Course from November 19 to 23, 2018. For more information click here.
- Job Postings: