Members News – September 6, 2019
- We are delighted to welcome back Peter Sloly to the police leaders family. Our former OACP Board member has been named Chief-designate of the Ottawa Police Service. We look forward to Chief Sloly’s leadership at the OACP.
- Congratulations to Daryl Longworth who was sworn-in as the new Chief of Police for Woodstock Police Service on Wednesday.
- Jeff Hill has been named as the new Deputy Chief with the Halton Regional Police Service. Congratulations!
- The Swearing-In Ceremony for Chief Nishan Duraiappah, Peel Regional Police, will be held on Tuesday, October 1st, 2019 at 1:00 p.m. at the Lionhead Golf Club & Conference Centre, 8525 Mississauga Road, Brampton. Please RSVP by Friday, September 20th, 2019 to Angela Butterwick at Angela.Butterwick@PeelPolice.ca.
- We are being asked to respond to a survey regarding models of police mental health crisis responses. Superintendent Bill Chantler (London PS) represents Ontario’s police leaders on a provincial working group looking at existing models, what is working effectively, costs, etc. The goal of the working group is to produce a mental health crisis response models framework and implementation tool kit similar to that which was created for police/hospital transfer of care protocol. The OACP encourages every police service to respond to the survey. For further information, please contact Superintendent Bill Chantler at BChantler@londonpolice.ca.
- Have you registered for the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police’s (CACP) Strategic Communications conference taking place October 20-21, 2019 in Toronto? Click here for more information.
- This year’s arrive alive DRIVE SOBER annual conference is being co-hosted with Action Sudbury at the Holiday Inn in Sudbury on October 6 and 7, 2019. Please access the conference link here.
- Job Posting: Deputy Chief, Hamilton Police Service