Members News - September 7, 2018
- Executive Director Jeff McGuire continues to engage with officials from the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services and Applicant Testing Service on issues related to the Constable Selection System (CSS). The OACP is focused on addressing any current issues related to the CSS. These issues will be discussed at the upcoming OACO Board of Directors meeting taking place September 18 and 19, 2018 in Sudbury.
- Congratulations to OACP Zone 2 Director Deputy Chief Antje McNeely on her appointment as Chief of Police of the Kingston Police. She succeeds Chief Gilles Larochelle, who is retiring at the end of this year.
- Congratulations also go out to Inspector Shawna Spowart on her appointment as the next Deputy Chief of Police of the Cornwall Community Police Service!
- Congratulations to Chief Mark Mitchell on his recent swearing in as Chief of Police of the City of Kawartha Lakes Police Service, succeeding former OACP Vice-President Chief John Hagarty (ret.). Executive Director Jeff McGuire and many police leaders were proud to be on hand to honour both Chief Mitchell and Chief Hagarty. Good luck to (now) citizen Hagarty, who has decided to run for public office municipally in Kawartha Lakes!
- CACP Past-President Directeur Mario Harel retired on September 1, 2018. A cocktail dinner in his honour will take place on Wednesday, September 12, 2018, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., in the Foyer of the Maison de la culture in Gatineau (855, de la Gappe Boulevard). Tickets cost of $20 per person. Please R.S.V.P. to Julie Beauregard by email at email@example.com or by telephone at (819) 243-2345, extension 6125.
- Please be advised that registration for the upcoming 2018 OACP/OMRON Fall Media Relations Officer Course is now closed, as we have reached the maximum capacity for the course. Please contact Darron Knebel at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about our next course in the Spring.
- Registration is now open for the Arrive Alive Conference 2018 (formerly known as Countermeasures) from October 28th-29th, 2018 at the Hilton Mississauga/Meadowvale. This year’s conference theme, “Legalization: Our New Reality”, will continue the conversation from the joint conference with the South West Injury Prevention Network in 2017 ("On the Road to Cannabis Legalization: A Joint Effort"). To register for the conference and for more information, please click here.
- Job postings: Railway Police Constable, Via Rail positions, click: VIA Rail London, VIA Rail Ottawa.