Here is the latest member news on your fellow OACP members:
- Congratulations to Inspector Sean Sparling on his promotion to Deputy Chief of the Sault Ste. Marie Police Service.
- Congratulations to Deputy Chief Steve Beckett (Waterloo Regional PS) on his retirement announcement, which takes effect on February 27, 2015. Deputy Chief Beckett has been a tremendous contributor to the OACP’s work, most recently as Co-Chair of our OACP Common Police Environment Group (CPEG).
- The OACP’s Victims Assistance Committee is working with community partners to host the Collective Impact II workshop on May 3 and 4, 2015 in Burlington. This day-long event will build on the first workshop which took place last May. For more information, please access the Volunteer Assistance Network (VAN) Quarterly Newsletter.
- Staff Sergeant Derek West (Thunder Bay PS) has been appointed Acting Chief of the Dryden Police Service. Chief Rob Davies has resigned to take on his appointment as Chief of Police of the Lethbridge Police Service in Alberta. Good luck to A/Chief West and to Chief Davis!
- Congratulations to Deputy Chief Andrew Fletcher (Halton Region PS) on his re-election as Zone 4 Director. Joining him on the Zone executive are Deputy Chief Darryl Longworth (Woodstock PS) as Assistant Zone Director and Chief Geoff Nelson (Brantford PS) as Zone Secretary.
- Congratulations to Chief Bryan Larkin on his election as Zone 5 Director. He succeeds Chief John Bates, who was thanked by his colleagues on the Board for his dedication and hard work while serving on the OACP Board. Congratulations also to Chief Bill Sornberger (Owen Sound PS), elected as the Assistant Zone Director.
- Congratulations to Deputy Chief Gary Conn (Chatham-Kent PS), who is the new Assistant Director for Zone 6.
- The OACP SIU Committee has a new Chair, Inspector Shelley Rogers (York Regional Police) succeeds Inspector Ed Boyd (Toronto PS). We thank Inspector Boyd for his outstanding work and are glad to note that he will remain on the committee to ensure continuity.