Media Relations Officers
The Ontario Police College, the Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police and the Ontario Media Relations Officers Network are pleased to offer a one-week media relations officers course especially designed for individuals with police services and justice-related organizations. This intensive, hands-on certificate course will prepare participants to master the basics of media relations. The course will be taught by professionals working with police organizations and working journalists.
• Media relations basics
• Communications: it's not just media anymore!
• Legal issues impacting law enforcement and justice organizations (incl. public disclosure, rules of engagement,
Freedom of Information and professional standards issues)
• News release writing 101
• What journalists look for
• Media tools at your disposal
• Integrating social media into traditional media relations
• Broadcast media (intensive, before-the-camera training)
• Crisis communications and special events management
• Visit to a television station to observe a live news cast
Assignment as a Media Relations Officer or significant participation in police/media relationships within an agency.
Full attendance and participation in classes, small and large group work and practical exercises.
Certificate will be issued by OACP on behalf of OPC, OACP and OMRON.
Uniform or court attire.
$860+HST - 4.5 days of training
Registration and payment is made directly with OACP.
tel: 416-926-0424 ext 23
NEXT COURSE DATE/LOCATION
October 2 - 6, 2017 - Ontario Police College